Temecula Insurance Services is located in southern California. They specialize in brokering the right insurance for each individuals needs. One of the insurances they work with is home insurance. To insurance providers, home insurance is a straight cost and risk analysis, but to you, it’s about peace of mind. Your home is filled with invaluable items. Items that hold sentimental value are irreplaceable. According to Temecula Insurance Services, there are certain steps all homeowners must take when considering home insurance:
- “Inventory your home. Prepare an inventory of personal property items, update it periodically, and keep it in a safe place outside your home, such as a safe deposit box at your bank. It will save you hours of time trying to list everything damaged or destroyed if you need to make a claim. It will also help ensure you don’t forget some items.” Making an inventory of your household belongs will also be important when you first look for a quote from an insurance provider or from a broker like Temecula Insurance. As they say, “It is critical that you provide us with accurate, updated information about your home and contents. If your dwelling limit accurately reflects your home’s true replacement cost, some companies will pay more than the limit if a covered loss is greater than the limit on your policy.”
- Consider whether “your insurance company [will] stand behind agreed upon repairs after a claim… Some companies are willing to put this guarantee in writing.” Indeed, we all want to know the service we’re paying for will actually be of help to us when we need it. 99% of the time, we won’t. We all hope that that percentage turns out to be 100%, but if an when the worst does happen, not getting what you thought you were paying for this whole time would be the last thing you want.
- Also, “If you have an art collection, antique furniture, jewelry, or other valuable possessions, talk to your agent about supplemental coverages, such as fine arts or scheduled property endorsements, to adequately protect your investment in these items. The cost is modest for the extra protection, and often the deductible is waived.” This goes make the invaluable items in the beginning. To the insurance companies, these paintings hold a number value, but to you, they’re irreplaceable and you want to make sure they’re safe.
Once you have decided on a policy, Temecula Auto Insurance suggests you do three things:
- Read your policy. Certain property, such as jewelry, and certain perils, such as earthquake or flood, is better insured separately. Knowing what is covered and for how much will help you insure properly.
- Review. At each annual renewal of your policy, you receive a new Policy Declarations page showing limits of coverage and optional coverages. Review this information. If you do any significant remodeling or add a family room, extra bedroom or bathroom, etc., tell us about these changes so your coverage limits can be adjusted to cover the improvement.
- Consider carefully whether your policy provides all the protection you need. Does it provide coverage for extra costs resulting from building code changes? Does it automatically increase coverage limits annually to keep pace with inflation? Does it provide additional funds if the cost of rebuilding your home exceeds the policy limits?
If you need help selecting a home insurance provider in the southern California area, call Temecula Insurance for a quote at 951-694-5200.